Top 10 Most Frequently Sited OSHA Standards
The U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics 2022 report states that there were 5,190 fatal work injuries recoded in the United States in 2021, an 8.9-percent increase from 4,764 in 2020. The fatal work injury rate was 3.6 fatalities per 100,000 full-time equivalent (FTE) workers. While it might be hard to put these numbers in perspective, we believe that even one injury is too many when accidents can be prevented through increased attention to safety, proper training and education.
OSHA’s most frequently sites standards from 2021 include the following violations, reported from findings of inspections of worksites. It’s never too late to take steps to correct these hazards and move forward safely.
- Fall Protection, construction
- Respiratory Protection, general industry
- Ladders, construction
- Hazard Communication, general industry
- Scaffolding, construction
- Fall Protection Training, construction
- Control of Hazardous Energy (lockout/tagout), general industry
- Eye and Face Protection, construction
- Powered Industrial Trucks, general industry
- Machinery and Machine Guarding, general industry
If you are curious about the most frequently cited Federal or State OSHA standards for your specific 6-digit North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code, search for it here: Frequently Cited OSHA Standards | Occupational Safety and Health Administration osha.gov
Need help staying safe? It’s okay – we all do! On Demand provides experienced, certified industry experts that can help you manage your company’s safety programs from policy development and training through other compliance services, like drug testing and physicals.
Get in contact with us about customized industry-specific safety training. Call 330-270-3660, or [email protected]